Article by Viorel Tudorache – Posted Saturday, 14 May 2022, 07:55 / Updated Saturday, 14 May 2022 09:25
Daniel Bolocaa 23-year-old central midfielder from Frosinone, was included in the enlarged group of Romania for next month’s League of Nations matches.
Coach Edi Iordănescu (43 years old) sent 27 preliminary calls for players from abroad for the four matches scheduled for June in the League of Nations: Montenegro (June 4 / Podgorica), Bosnia (June 7 / Zenica), Finland ( June 11 / Giulești) and again with Montenegro (June 14 / Giulești). One name in particular drew attention: Daniel Boloca, 23, from Frosinone!
Central midfielder, right-footed, 1.85 m tall and with dual nationality, Italian and Romanian, Boloca is considered one of the most valuable young players in Serie B. The press of the Peninsula writes about him that he is a very combative footballer, willing to effort, technical, qualities through which he attracted the attention of some Serie A clubs, such as Torino, Udinese, Sampdoria and Sassuolo.
“It’s a future solution for the national team”, explained people from FRF. Boloca did his junior year at the Juventus Torino Academy and arrived in Frosinone, in November 2020, after 3 seasons in the fourth league in Italy.
Daniel Boloca // PHOTO: Imago
Why Boloca refused Hagi
In 2017, Daniel was also in the sight of Gica Hagi, for a transfer to Farul. Negotiations failed because the “King” wanted to loan him in the first phase to a team from the 2nd League, to play a match, but the player’s family did not agree.
“It simply came to our notice then. Hagi proposed to send him to a club that played in “B”, but the boy did not show up for the winter meeting of the team. His father did not want to send him to Romania. Then I had disagreements with his father and I lost the right to represent Daniel “, the agent Giorgio Boscarato told TorinoGranata.it.
Alexandru Dobre, on Iordănescu’s list
Another novelty is Alexandru Dobre (23 years old, 1.85 m tall), who plays extreme left in Dijon, 11th place in Ligue 2, France. He complained in March: “Despite my very good performances, playing match-by-match, I don’t understand why I’m not called up to the national team. I don’t know if anyone is really following me because, from what I notice at every call, regardless of the coach, it seems that nobody sees me “.
Dobre participated with the youth team at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.
Alex Dobre (in black) // PHOTO: Imago
Iordănescu gave up on Drăgușin
Summoned in March and made his debut at the end of the friendly with Greece (0-1), Radu Drăgușin (20 years old) is no longer among the foreigners who will be chosen by Edi Iordănescu at his first official action.
According to GSP, the Salernitana stopper did not convince the coach during training that he could be, at this moment, a solution for the first representative. Dragusin was called up to the U21 national team for the friendlies with Georgia (June 3) and Slovakia (June 7), both away.
Small chances Man and Stanciu
Edward also sent telegrams to Dennis Man and Nicolae Stanciu, although there are very small chances to see them in the group with which the selector will approach the matches in June. Man became unavailable two months after a sprained ankle, and Stanciu has not played an official match for 5 months, since he moved to China, where the championship is interrupted. Ianis Hagi was not summoned, being in full recovery process after the knee operation.
Bicfalvi called from Russia
Instead of Toșca, retired from the first team, the coach took Cristi Ganea (Aris Thessaloniki) into account for the position of left defender. Other players who have flirted with the team and come back to Edi Iordănescu’s attention: Bicfalvi, goal scorer in Russia, Pașcanu, Țâru, Hanca, D. Rotariu, D. Drăguș.
The 27 foreigners summoned by Edi Iordănescu for the Nations League matches in June
- porter: Florin Nita (Sparta Prague | Czech Republic, 15/0);
- defense: Vlad Chiricheş (Sassuolo | Italia, 71/0), Cristi Gane (Aris Thessaloniki | Greece, 8/0), Virgil JOEL (KS Krakow | Poland, 1/0), Ionut Nedelcearu (Crotone | Italy, 21/2), Alexandru Paşcanu (Ponferradina | Spain, 0/0), Adrian Russian (Fehervar | Hungary, 12/0), Andrei Ratiu (Huesca | Spain, 6/0), Deian Sorescu (Rakow Czestochowa | Poland, 5/0), Bogdan Tiru (Jagiellonia | Poland, 2/0);
- midfielders: Daniel Boloca (Frosinone | Italy, 0/0), Eric Bicfalvi (FC Ural | Russia, 7/1), Alexandru Cicâldău (Galatasaray | Turkey, 22/3), Alexandru Dobre (Dijon | France, 0/0), Sergiu Hance (KS Krakow | Poland, 5/0), Dennis Man (Parma | Italy, 14/4), Răzvan Marine (Cagliari | Italy, 37/2), Marius Marine (Pisa | Italy, 3/0), Alexandru Maximum (Gaziantep FK | Turkey, 52/6), Valentin Mihaila (Atalanta | Italy, 7/1), Alexandru MITRA (PAOK Thessaloniki | Greece, 17/3), Olympus Moruțan (Galatasaray | Turkey, 3/0), Dorin Rotary (Atromitos | Grecia, 10/1), Nicolae Stanciu (Wuhan Three Towns | China, 54/11);
- ATTACKERS: Denis Alibec (Atromitos | Grecia, 23/2), Denis Dragus (Standard Liege | Belgium, 2/0), George PUŞCAŞ (Pisa | Italy, 27/8).
Romania’s program in the Nations League
- June 4, 2022 – Finland – Bosnia and Herzegovina (19:00), Montenegro – ROMANIA (21:45)
- June 7, 2022 – Bosnia and Herzegovina – ROMANIA (21:45), Finland – Montenegro (21:45)
- June 11, 2022 – Montenegro – Bosnia and Herzegovina (16:00), ROMANIA – Finland (21:45),
- June 14, 2022 – Bosnia and Herzegovina – Finland (21:45), ROMANIA – Montenegro (9:45 p.m.)
- September 23, 2022 – Bosnia and Herzegovina – Montenegro (21:45), Finland – ROMANIA (21:45)
- September 26, 2022 – Montenegro – Finland (21:45), ROMANIA – Bosnia and Herzegovina (21:45)
VIDEO Elis Bakaj, debut at the Albanian national team in a match with Romania: “It was a shame! But it remains a beautiful moment for me, and I knew nothing. “
Who wanted Horațiu Feșnic at FC Voluntari – FCSB at any cost? Vassaras even shocked his subordinates!
We are exporting fewer and fewer footballers »We have only 75 foreigners left, most of them in Italy and Hungary!