“Red Magic 7 Pro” phone with powerful specifications
Designed with a hidden camera that makes it the perfect choice for gamers
Tuesday – 23 Shawwal 1443 AH – 24 May 2022 AD Issue No. [
London: Hisham Al-Koha
The company “Nubia” recently launched its latest gaming phone, “Red Magic 7 Pro”, which comes with very powerful specifications that made it top the list of the most efficient phones in the famous Antutu Benchmark platform for phone evaluation. Asharq Al-Awsat put the phone under intense testing over the past two weeks, and here is a summary of the experience of this distinguished phone.
– Outstanding design
Unusually, the design of the Red Magic 7 Pro differed greatly from its predecessors. Despite its unique shape, sharp edges and relatively large size compared to phones in the market, it brought a significant change, especially in terms of the interface, as the selfie camera was hidden under the screen so that players could enjoy the full screen while playing, which makes it the first A gaming phone that offers this feature. Indeed, this full screen provides a unique experience of use, whether it is browsing, watching videos or playing games in exchange for sacrificing the quality of the selfies captured on the phone, as the colors were faded and blurry due to the presence of a screen above the lens. Perhaps we explain this bold decision from the company that gaming phones in general are rarely used for photography, and therefore Nubia preferred the idea of a full screen; However, those who do not like this design can have their younger brother, the Red Magic 7, which has a traditional design.
The phone is not light, as it weighs approximately 235 grams, while its dimensions are 77.1 * 10 * 166.3 mm. The front and back are made of glass, while the frame is made of aluminum. The front of the device has simple edges on the top and bottom, however, it was easy to hold the phone while playing without affecting the experience.
When you look at the top edge, you will find a loudspeaker only, while the hidden camera does not appear except in certain viewing angles. At the bottom, you will find a USB-C slot for charging, a place to put two SIM cards, and you will also find another external speaker to provide the device with a distinctive stereo sound. Through our experience of the device, we found that the sound of the headphones is strong, pure, and very suitable for playing, and the phone is one of the few phones in 2022 that supports a 3.5 mm slot for external headphones.
What distinguishes this device also in terms of design is that it is the only one of its kind (with the exception of previous generations) that has real physical fans, where the air enters on one side and exits on the other to cool the processor, ensuring that the device does not heat up while playing for long hours. Note here that the fan that is usually located on the left side has been removed and replaced by a small fan in the rear. The sound of these fans can be a bit annoying, especially when you’re in a quiet place, but they can easily be turned on or off in the settings.
On the right side, you will find the power button and the volume button, and two buttons dedicated to games. Instead of pressing the screen while playing, you can press them to control the progress of the game. On the left side, there is the red button, which is characteristic of Red Magic phones, whose task is to enter you into the gaming area of the phone by simply pulling it up.
Screen and photography
* the screen. As usual, “Nubia” company, this phone was included with a screen with a frequency of 120 Hz, with FHD + accuracy and support for one billion colors, and given that high frequency consumes a lot of energy, there is an option in the settings to change the frequency from and to 60.90 or 120 Hz, as needed.
The screen measures 6.8 inches, protected by a layer of Gorilla Glass 5, and covers 87.1 percent of the front-facing area. The screen is of an AMOLED type and supports the Always on display feature and beautiful backgrounds that you do not find in other devices. As for the fingerprint, it is located under the screen at the bottom, and it has a nice feature, which is that it also works as a heart rate sensor.
* Play games. For games, you can play games in the normal way or in the way of the device, which is the red button that we mentioned in the design paragraph. This button brings you to the dedicated gaming area, where you can control the processor speed, turn the fan on and off, and control the phone lights on the back. Through this interface, you can also seamlessly switch between the games on your device at a record speed.
Also in this interface, you can change the control settings with the play buttons on the edges or choose to control via an external lever. What we liked about the gaming experience is that the phone maintains a low temperature even with long gaming hours, thanks, of course, to the actual fan in it, which despite its annoying sound at times, serves the purpose.
* Cameras. The device has three rear cameras, the first with 64 megapixels, the second with an ultra-wide 8 megapixels camera, and the last with a 2 megapixels macro lens. As for video shooting, it reaches 8k, and after our experience with it, we can say that the performance of the camera is very good compared to other gaming phones, although it has not developed much compared to previous generations.
As for the selfie lens, it came with a 16-megapixel resolution, shooting 1080p video.
* Operating System. The phone comes with the Android 12 system and the Red Magic 5 interface, which fully supports Arabic and provides a distinctive use experience, as the settings menus are easy and flexible and provide high capabilities in customizing the device settings according to the user’s taste.
Memory and battery
* Processor and memory. As for the processor, it is definitely the most powerful processor of the year: the Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1) octa-core processor with a 4nm architecture, and you will not face any problem while playing, regardless of the size of the game, especially since it comes with a powerful Adreno 730 screen card, and these specifications are what made it top the list Antutu platform with a total score of more than 104 million points.
As for the internal memory, it comes in a size of 128, 256 or 512 GB of UFS 3.1 type, while the random memory (RAM) is either 12, 16 or 18 GB.
* the battery. The battery came from a lithium-polymer type with a capacity of 5000 mAh – it supports fast charging of 65 watts in the global version, and 135 watts for the Chinese version, meaning that the phone can be charged from 0 percent to 100 percent in just 15 minutes.
* Prices and availability: The price of the phone starts from about $ 800 for the basic version (16 GB + 256 GB) and can be purchased from the official website of the company that ships to most of the Gulf countries.