Tourist on Santa Marta beach suffered poisonous snake bite

The desperate cries of a woman in Playa Dormida, in Santa Marta, alerted those present, who went to the area where the affected tourist was, who said she had been bitten by a snake that appeared out of nowhere in the water.

After what happened, boatmen and merchants in the area helped her and she was transferred to a health center in the city, where they would have neutralized the poison with the respective serum in the foot area, where she was injured.

It was known that the woman was out of danger and began a satisfactory recovery process. In addition, the medical personnel who treated her indicated that The snake is known as the Mapaná Rabo Seco, a highly poisonous species.

The case did not go unnoticed by the authorities, who spoke about it.

The appearance of this type of reptiles is not usual on the beaches of Santa Marta, apparently climate change and sea currents could have dragged the animal to that sector.

The director of the Department of Environmental Sustainability (Dadsa), Sara Candanoza, reported that “as a result of this phenomenon, animals may appear entangled or in branches, which have been dragged into the seas, such as reptiles and other species that have already been detected. in some beaches of the capital of Magdalena. You should not turn on any kind of alarm, but only take precautions during visits to beaches and bathing in the sea, ”she said.

Candanoza also recommended avoiding being near organic material, and in case of being bitten by a snake or any other species, act quickly.

Likewise, the hospitals of Santa Marta are on alert before the arrival of any person who is injured by this type of snake.

The official added that cleaning days are being coordinated on the beaches to remove all the organic material that reached the shores due to weather conditions.

The largest python found in Florida, USA.

A group of biologists this week caught a giant Burmese python, the largest ever found in the Florida Everglades, United States, with hooves in its stomach and 122 eggs.

The snake was nearly 18 feet long (5.5 meters) and weighed 215 pounds (95 kilos), National Geographic reported. Burmese pythons can reach an average size of 8 to 10 feet, but can grow much larger in special cases.

After her capture, a necropsy found that the female snake had hooves in her digestive tract, meaning her last meal was likely venison.

The researchers were “nearly speechless” when they first took the female’s weight.

“I’m reading 215 pounds, wow,” said Ian Bartoszek, a wildlife biologist.

A member of the team of biologists, Kyle Findley, told National Geographic that at first he thought the balance was broken.

“Burmese pythons are an invasive species in Florida. They were first introduced in the 1970s. Since then they have been severely impacting the native ecosystem. Since their introduction they have feasted on native wildlife such as white-tailed deer, creating a problem for wetland preservation. Newsweek.

Scary! Python bit the genitals of a man who was in a toilet

The last thing a person would expect is to be bitten on the genitals by a snake while sitting on a toilet. Well, this happened a few days ago in Austria and the victim was a 65-year-old man who was bitten by an albino reticulated python, which is a non-venomous species.

The species that measures approximately 160 centimeters, apparently would have reached the toilet through the pipe where the man had sat minutes before and the animal ended up biting his genitals. The curious fact was presented in the Austrian city of Graz.

The man told the police that he felt the “prick” in his crotch, something that undoubtedly worried him too much. In fact, he was taken to a hospital where serious injuries and infections were ruled out.

According to local media, the albino reticulated python, a non-poisonous species of snake, is owned by the victim’s neighbor, a 24-year-old man, who said he did not understand how his pet had escaped from the terrarium where he kept it to get to that toilet.

Now the owner of the python He was accused of injuries due to negligence and is waiting for a decision to be made whether to seize the animal, who was rescued from the toilet by a reptile expert. “It was not an easy task. the python she had all her muscles tense and she was wedged into the pipe”, narrated Kronen Zeitung to an Austrian newspaper.